Allergy-Friendly Homemade Fish Sticks
- Yield: 30 to 35 fish sticks
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan topping
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Pour the flour onto a plate, and set aside. Pour the coconut milk into a shallow dish, and set aside. In another dish, mix together the flax, bread crumbs, Parmesan, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the fish into the flour, making sure that both sides are thinly and evenly coated. Then dip the fish into the milk, and wet both sides. Finally, move the fish onto the crumb mixture. Using your hands, coat both sides with the crumb mixture, pressing lightly to adhere.
- At this point, you can either freeze or bake the fish.
- If you’re baking, preheat the oven to 400F. Arrange the fish sticks on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown, flipping once halfway through.