Is there anything better than chocolate, almonds, and coconut? Yumm, YES! Adding salty popcorn to the mix!
It’s true, when I am not planning healthy school lunches for our menu plans or making delicious family-friendly recipes in my personal blog, I’m crafting up recipes for a cookbook or a “future project.”
This recipe works with microwave popped popcorn, store-bought, or air-popped. If you want to use the microwave but ditch the not-so-good-for-you chemicals in the bagged kernels, check out this post on how to make your own microwave popcorn bags!
Every bite has the perfect combination of sweet, salty, and delicious. After you see how easy this is to make, you’ll never buy bagged fancy popcorn again.
MOMables Almond Joy Popcorn
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 5-6 cups popcorn, popped (about 1 bag if using microwave bags)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave, on your stovetop, or air-pop.
- Spread the popcorn on a cookie sheet.
- On a cutting board, roughly chop the almonds. Sprinkle the almond chunks over the popcorn.
- Follow by sprinkling the coconut on top.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl at 20-second increments, stopping to stir, until completely melted (be careful not to burn the chocolate!).
- Using a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Allow 30 minutes to 1 hour to harden.
- Break into chunks, serve in a bowl, or store in an airtight container.