When it comes to kid’s food, bite size is always more fun. Don’t you think?
Healthy, bite-size Cheeseburger Cupcakes. Perfect for portion control and the perfect size for kids. Everyone in the family will enjoy them! My daughter loves them, so that is always a win for me!
These cupcakes are perfect inside the lunch box (yes, even at room temperature) for lunch, dinner, or for a party appetizer. You can keep the desired toppings separate so that each person can add their own. You can also add the toppings inside the cupcake too—add a sliced pickle, mustard, cooked mushrooms, or bacon after the cheese layer. Get creative with it! Just make sure to keep the ketchup in the cupcake or else it could taste dry.
If you have leftover ground beef in your fridge, you could easily make a few Cheeseburger Cupcakes too. Just slightly reheat your leftover beef before putting into the won ton wrappers.
- Yield: This recipe yields about 24 cupcakes
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Zatarain’s Creole seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 1 package won ton wrappers (you can find them in the produce section)
- Ketchup, to taste
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Desired toppings: pickles, ketchup, mustard, cooked onions, bacon, mushrooms, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the onion, beef, and seasoning in a skillet.
- Spray your cupcake pan with nonstick spray.
- Gently push one won ton wrapper into each cupcake cup.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture into each won ton wrapper.
- Put at least 1 teaspoon of ketchup on top of the meat mixture in each won ton wrapper.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over each top.
- Make a second layer of won ton wrappers. Gently push the won ton wrapper in the opposite direction, and repeat the layers with meat, ketchup, and cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Leave your cupcakes in the pan to let them cool before you remove them.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!