Running out of sides dishes to pair with your family’s favorite meals?
Look no further than these Baked Carrot French Fries! Yummy, healthy, and so easy to make, these are a great side dish option that pairs well with almost any recipe, from burgers to baked chicken tenders!
If you are getting tired of making the same old steamed broccoli, asparagus, or side salads for dinner, you’ve got to try these Baked Carrot French Fries because they are always winners with the kids.
I mean, who doesn’t love french fries, right?
The thing is, that frozen fries aren’t always the healthiest option, especially with the added ingredients, and most people don’t slice potatoes into fries.
So if you don’t want to rely on frozen fries or want to eliminate some of those added ingredients, this recipe is just the thing to serve!
The carrot fries can easily be prepped ahead of time and kept in the fridge for a few days until you are ready to bake and serve them.
Easy and convenient recipes like this one that adds nutrition are exactly what you’ll find inside our MOMables Meal Plans.
Other options are sweet potatoes or zucchini, but I love using carrots for this recipe since they are an excellent source of beta-carotene, vitamin A, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, not to mention how great they taste!
Carrot French Fries
- Yield: Makes 5 servings
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 1 pound fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons oil (coconut, olive oil, your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and slice them into thick strips.
- Place the carrot strips onto the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake at 450F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and crispy on the outside.
These Baked Carrot French Fries make an incredible and healthy sidekick to any of your family’s favorite dinner recipes.