Need a gluten-free idea to serve at parties? All your guests will LOVE these Cauliflower Bites!
Just like our Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe, party food should be “party friendly”–easily enjoyed with your hands, a toothpick, or a fork. Why not sneak in some nutrition while you’re at it too!? ;)
Cauliflower is a low-calorie veggie and an excellent source of vitamins C and K, as well as antioxidants and fiber. People at your party will never know you’re actually giving them something healthy–all they’ll taste is DELICIOUS!
Baked Cauliflower Bites
- Yield: 24-26
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 1 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and diced into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon favorite all-purpose seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (either Cheddar or mozzarella will work)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs (plain will work, but panko is recommended)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal (optional)
- Place the water into a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower to the water. Cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Let the cauliflower cook for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the water, and let the cauliflower cool for about 10 minutes.
- Before mashing, again drain any excess moisture from the pan. Add the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoning.
- Using a potato masher, begin mashing the florets just like you would mashed potatoes.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Mix together.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, flax meal (if using), the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the seasoning, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Using your hands, begin forming balls with the cauliflower mixture, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll each ball in the bread crumb mixture, then place it on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the cauliflower mixture is gone.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until the bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown.
- Serve on a platter with your favorite sauce, such as honey mustard or creamy ranch.
Note: My go-to all-purpose seasonings for this recipe are Garlic and Herb seasoning, Creole Seasoning, and Italian Seasoning.