Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- 2 cups fruit, fresh or frozen (for these muffins I used 1 cup chopped apples and 1 cup chopped pears)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with 12 liners (foil or parchment liners work best)
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, fresh fruit (and dried if using). In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, milk, syrup, and egg. Combine wet ingredients with dry.
- Batter will be very loose and wet. Evenly distribute oatmeal/fruit mix into lined muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until muffins are just golden brown. Bake time may vary depending on size of muffin tins and oven. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. If not serving immediately, refrigerate in air tight container. To freeze muffins, cool completely before storing.