In case you missed the latest news, MOMables now has one plan! Each menu includes a Vegetarian, Gluten Free and Nut Free option (when applicable). Our goal is to provide you with a variety of easy packing ideas that your whole family will enjoy – that includes you too, Mom & Dad! It’s not just for kids!
These Vegan Mini Black Bean Taco Cups are just one example of how a simple and delicious prep-ahead recipe can be adapted to fit your families needs for lunches. They even make a perfect appetizer!
My own family juggles gluten free, nut free, and dairy free dietary needs. What I love about these cups is the base is Vegan and we use gluten free all-purpose flour to make them safe for my daughter.
You can fill with whatever you like, depending on your diet! Guacamole, cheese, non-dairy shreds, sour cream, onion, tomatoes, peppers, diced chicken, salsa… the possibilities are endless!
A fun way to get the kids involved would be to set up a toppings station and let each one fill their own. As mentioned above, they make great appetizers and are perfect packed in lunches for bite size taco treats. They were a huge hit with my family. It’s definitely getting added to our Football Food dish list! Yum.
- 1 can of black beans (15oz), rinsed and drained well
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Toppings/ Fillings of choice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 24 cup mini-muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse black beans, flour, cumin, paprika, salt, and olive oil in a food until soft dough forms.
- If dough is too runny, add additional flour 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Place dough evenly into the 24 mini-muffin cups. Using the backside of a spoon, form mini cups by spreading dough up the sides of each cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Fill cups evenly with toppings of choice. Enjoy!