At MOMables, we are often asked about vegetarian lunch ideas. These black bean taco cups will impress even the pickiest of eaters!
These Vegan Mini Black Bean Taco Cups are just one example of how a simple and delicious prep-ahead recipe can be adapted to fit your families needs for lunches. They even make a perfect appetizer!
My own family juggles gluten free, nut free, and dairy free dietary needs. What I love about these cups is the base is Vegan and we use gluten free all-purpose flour to make them safe for my daughter.
You can fill with whatever you like, depending on your diet! Guacamole, cheese, non-dairy shreds, sour cream, onion, tomatoes, peppers, diced chicken, salsa… the possibilities are endless!
A fun way to get the kids involved would be to set up a toppings station and let each one fill their own. As mentioned above, they make great appetizers and are perfect packed in lunches for bite size taco treats. They were a huge hit with my family. It’s definitely getting added to our Football Food dish list! Yum.
- 1 can of black beans (15oz), rinsed and drained well
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Toppings/ Fillings of choice
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 24 cup mini-muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse black beans, flour, cumin, paprika, salt, and olive oil in a food until soft dough forms.
- If dough is too runny, add additional flour 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Place dough evenly into the 24 mini-muffin cups. Using the backside of a spoon, form mini cups by spreading dough up the sides of each cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Fill cups evenly with toppings of choice. Enjoy!