Need a comforting food that is fit for the busy family?
I’m all about comfort food: wholesome, quick, easy, and convenient food. When it comes to dinner, I don’t have life as organized as I’d like; especially mid-week, when deadlines begin to pile up and activities are plentiful.
While you may think, I’ll just pop a frozen lasagna pan in the oven, and it will be ready for dinner, ask yourself this: How many times have you realized that it’s 5:45 and that lasagna pan will take more than an hour in the oven? While a traditional version of lasagna is made in a pan, this alternative will make you rethink how “complicated” you view the lasagna-making process.
The solution for busy parents is lasagna in a bowl. Inspired by this photo I stumbled upon on Pinterest from Framed Cooks, the recipe is my own. You want to add meat, chicken, or veggies? Go ahead; add those too.
This is a basic guide to modifying your favorite lasagna and a fantastic way to put dinner together from fridge leftovers by using a few simple pantry staples. Best of all: My kids LOVE this in a thermos for lunch! You’ve been warned—make extra.
Busy MOMs Lasagna – MOMables
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add a tablespoon of salt. Add the lasagna noodles, and cook according to the package instructions. When tender, remove and drain.
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, chop the spinach.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
- Heat the mixture in a small pot over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate pot, warm the marinara sauce.
- Time to assemble! Line up four soup bowls, and ladle some marinara sauce into each bowl (about ¼ cup)
- Top the marinara sauce with two noodles. Scoop ¼ of the cheese/spinach mixture on top of the two noodles.
- Top again with the two final noodles, the remaining sauce, and some shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.