Want to know how to make chocolate cookies without chocolate chips?
“Mom, can you make us some chocolate chip cookies?” I am often asked after dinner.
And then, I look. I have no chocolate chips in my pantry! What is a mom with begging kids to do?
Whip up these quick and yummy cookies my kids love with only seven ingredients, of course!
- 2 sticks butter (at room temperature)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add them into the wet ingredients one cup at a time.
- Place tablespoonfuls of dough mixture onto parchment paper or a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until set.
- Remove from the oven, let them cool, then dust with the powdered sugar.