One of the challenges in family cooking is finding a recipe that everyone will eat and can be adjusted to the proper portions. This Chicken Parmesan Loaf was a hit with my family. Rethinking the whole portion-control thing, I made this recipe in a muffin pan for perfect individual-size portions.
This recipe is simple to make without the breading, coating, and frying of traditional Chicken Parmesan recipes. Zero hassle and 100% authentic tasting.
These individual cups make a great meal for the entire family. Oh, and let’s not forget that leftovers are perfect for lunches too, MOMables style!
Chicken Parmesan Cups
Recipe yields 12 cup-size portions. Tip: For this recipe, silicone or foil muffin liners will work best in lieu of paper liners.
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs (oregano, basil, & garlic)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat muffin liners lightly with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Mix with your hands, just like a meatloaf.
- Place the mixture into each cup, leaving enough room to add sauce on the top.
- Top each cup with 1 to 2 teaspoons of sauce.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a meat thermometer registers 165F.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on each cup. Place back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven, and allow each cup to rest before removing the liners, if serving immediately.
- Make-ahead tip: This recipe can be frozen after mixing and dividing among the lined cups. Just thaw, top with sauce, and bake following the directions above.