Do your kids love those packaged chicken pot pies that come in a box? Now you can have it in soup form!
This recipe is one your entire family will surely enjoy!
Quick dinner recipes are always a favorite in my house. Sometimes as a mom, the pressure is on to continually deliver dinner and lunches that satisfy all members of the family! And it can be hard! Fortunately, MOMables is here to relieve some of that pressure and help you put together lunches and dinners your family will love!
I love to be able to put together a dinner in less than half an hour and be done (well, except for all the dishes)! This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is exactly that.
The ingredients are simple—things we usually have in our pantry, and everything comes together so quickly. My husband absolutely loved this dish—he is a chicken pot pie lover, so this soup was a huge hit with him! My daughter prefers the soup without “spiciness,” so I have to lower the amount of seasonings to her taste, but when I did that, she absolutely loved it too! This recipe was a big win in our family, and I’m sure it will be in yours, too!
This soup would be perfect in a thermos the next day for lunch!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Yield: 6
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 cups dried medium egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon each seasoned salt, dry mustard, chili powder, and ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup half and half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- In a large pot, heat the butter until melted
- Add the carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to the pot, and cook until tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, chicken, noodles, and seasonings.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half and half and flour, then add it to the pot.
- Add the broccoli and peas to the pot.
- Simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!