Make these easy yummy chocolate-covered banana pops to snack on!
Banana Dippers. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. Banana slices covered in dark chocolate packaged in individual packs and sold in the freezer aisle.
And while the idea is genius, why am I going to pay for something I can so easily make? All you need is two ingredients: bananas and melted chocolate.
I used to make chocolate-covered bananas and freeze them ever since I was a little girl. I had never sliced them before, and I certainly never put them on a popsicle stick.
There is just something about putting a food on a popsicle stick that makes it so much more fun! It’s also easier for kids to enjoy without getting chocolate on their hands!
For these Banana Dippers, you can choose your favorite chocolate and melt it in either a double boiler or in your microwave. If your chocolate starts to get too hard, just put it back in the microwave for 15-second intervals, while stirring between, until melted again. Do make sure that your melted chocolate is in a deep bowl, or even a small measuring cup so that it makes dipping easier.
These are perfect to enjoy right out of the freezer on a hot day! If you want to add some more fruit, you could make our Banana Split Bites!
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup or more chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- Popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the banana into 1-inch slices.
- Press your popsicle stick through the banana lengthwise and place it on the baking sheet.
- Freeze the banana pops until they're frozen solid.
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler on the stove, or in the microwave until completely melted.
- Dip your banana pops into the chocolate, and let the excess drip off.
- Place the pops flat side down onto the baking sheet, and freeze them until solid.
- Once they're frozen, you can remove them from the baking sheet and place in an airtight freezer container.