Do your kids shy away from “green” smoothies?
Chocolate Green Smoothie Recipe
Can't get your kids to drink a "green" smoothie? That's OK. They are going to LOVE this chocolate green smoothie!
- 1¾ cups milk (or non dairy milk)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder, or
- 3 tablespoons chocolate protein
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or non nut butter)
- 4 dates, pitted, or
- 2½ tablespoons raisins, soaked in hot water and drained when softened
- 1 - 2 handfuls of spinach
- 3 bananas, frozen
- ¼ cup ice
- In your high speed blender, add all ingredients in the order listed (always in a liquid to solids order). Blend in your smoothie cycle or for about 50 seconds - 1 minute until all items are incorporated.
- Serve immediately.