You might be thinking “why are these SUPER pops?” Well, because they contain a delicious SUPERFOOD—Avocados!
The summer has been rough here. When we get home from camp or playing outside, the first thing we want to do is cool off—fast! So I immediately search the freezer for delicious Popsicles.
I don’t want to load my daughter up with junk or too much sugar. I’d rather have something with a bit of a “healthy kick,” if you will, while not sacrificing the yummy flavor.
I also don’t want a recipe that’s overly complicated or has a list of ingredients I don’t even have stocked in my house! They should be simple (like MOMables menus) and allergy-friendly. That’s why I came up with these delicious Chocolate Super Pops!
They taste sweet and chocolatey, but hidden inside are healthy fats and tons of antioxidants. The delicious fruit used is a great source of vitamins, potassium, folic acid, and amino acids.
We keep ours dairy-free by using nondairy rice milk. Depending on the brands you buy for the cocoa powder, they can be made gluten- and top-8 allergen-free!
The brand of Popsicle molds you have will determine how many each batch yields. Ours yielded four.
Check out this MOMables post for even more summertime snacks your kids will love!
Chocolate Super Pops
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 medium-large ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup milk (or nondairy substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Mix until smooth. Scrape the sides, and mix again if needed.
- Pour the mixture into the Popsicle molds, and freeze until solid (about 4 hours).