You might be thinking “why are these SUPER pops?” Well, because they contain a delicious SUPERFOOD… Avocados!
The summer has been rough here. When we get home from camp or playing outside, the first thing we want to do is cool off… and fast! So I immediately search the freezer for delicious popsicles.
I don’t want to load my daughter up with junk or too much sugar. I’d rather have something with a bit of a “healthy kick”, if you will, while not sacrificing the yummy flavor.
I also don’t want a recipe that’s overly complicated or has a list of ingredients I don’t even have stocked in my house! They should be simple (like MOMables menus) and allergy friendly. That’s why I came up with these delicious Chocolate Super Pops!
They taste sweet and chocolatey, but hidden inside are healthy fats and tons of antioxidants. The delicious fruit used is a great source of vitamins, potassium, folic acid, and amino acids.
We keep ours dairy-free by using non-dairy rice milk. Depending on the brands you buy for the cocoa powder, they can be made gluten and top 8 allergen free!
Depending on the brand of popsicle molds you have will determine how many each batch yields. Ours yielded four.
Check out this MOMables post for even more summertime snacks your kids will love!
- 2 Ripe Avocados, pitted & peeled
- 1 Ripe Banana, medium-large
- 2 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons of honey
- ¾ Cup of Milk (or Non-Dairy Substitute)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Mix until smooth. *Scrape sides and mix again if need be.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds & freeze until solid (approximately 4 hours).