Raise your hand if you cut the crust off sandwich bread. Keep your hand raised if you feel bad throwing them in the trash.
A frugal fix is on the way! I believe in ‘No food left behind.’ There is always a way to incorporate the little bits of food here and there that get left on the sidelines.
This is a 5 minute recipe to converting sandwich crusts that picky eaters won’t touch, into yummy, warm cinnamon sticks that will have them saying, “More, please!”
One morning after cutting off the crusts of no less than 4 pieces of bread, I had 16 sad crusts staring back at me.
When my son asked what was for breakfast, I blurted out, “Cinnamon Sticks!”
What a great time saver! Make breakfast and lunch at one time, just like the recipes at MOMables.
- 12 Sandwich Crusts (use however many are leftover)
- 1 TB Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 TB Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Cinnamon and Sugar together in bowl. Set aside.
- Spread butter on crusts. Place on baking sheet in one line.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture all over. Pat gently to make it stick.
- Bake in oven 4-5 minutes or until golden and crisp.