Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken and Pasta Skillet Meal
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 ounce jar sundried tomatoes in oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 cup half and half, heavy cream, or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or ¼ cup fresh basil or 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons oil, for cooking
- In a large pot, bring pasta water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Once cooked, reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain.
- Set pasta aside.
- On a cutting board, finely chop sun-dried tomatoes.
- Season chicken with salt and paprika.
- In a large 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat, heat up some oil and sauté chicken until it’s browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Add sun-dried tomato pieces and garlic, and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add half and half to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally to combine liquid and sund-dried tomatoes.
- Once a thick sauce is formed, add dried basil (or pesto sauce). If you are using fresh basil, add it in the last step.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet and combine with sauce.
- Add ½ up reserved water, mix throughout to thin out the sauce. If it’s too thick, add in additional reserved pasta water.
- Top with additional basil and Parmesan cheese prior to serving.