Who needs a chunky soup from a can when you can have this delicious homemade meal?
In the mornings, I prepare all the ingredients, turn it on low, and am on my way out the door. I love getting home to the wonderful smell of dinner ready and waiting for us to enjoy!
Being that I am half Irish and half Scottish, my significant other has dubbed this dish “Scottish Stew” because it came from my Scottish mother who used to make this on the stovetop. Now we enjoy this recipe on a regular basis in our slow cooker, instead.
Crockpot Chunky Potato and Sausage Soup
- Cuisine: Dinner
- 2 large baking potatoes, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 12-14 ounces kielbasa, sliced
- 2 sweet peppers, diced
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook the potatoes, carrots, onion, and chicken broth on HIGH for 1 hour in the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- If more liquid is needed, add water 1/4 cup at a time.