Have you ever craved that bistro-style cheese and fruit box but just didn’t want to shell out the money for it? Well, I’m going to make your day with this cost-effective way to get what you want!
A few years ago, a certain well-known coffee house chain came out with some boxed lunch options with healthier ingredients than the options found at the grocery store.
Bravo! But at around $5 a pop, they can put a dent in your pocketbook pretty quickly!
And on top of that, for the average adult, I would classify them more as a “snack” than a “meal.”
So instead of shelling out for the coffee shop version, take a few extra minutes, save several dollars, and pack your own!
- Small wedge of Brie
- 1-2 small slices of aged cheddar
- 1-2 small slices of Gouda
- 5-7 whole grain crackers (typically comes with 4 or 5 largish ones)
- 3-4 apple slices
- 2 tablespoons almonds mixed with 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Take as much or as little of each ingredient as you'd like...and enjoy!
Make It a Meal!
The coffee shop version is great for a smaller appetite or to snack on in between meals, but with a few changes, you can easily turn it into a real meal! Add more cheese, crackers, cranberry-almond mix, and apples, and might as well include some veggies too!