Love alfredo sauce? Want a homemade version?
So easy to make, yet so many of us reach for the jarred stuff. With this delicious, creamy, and foolproof recipe, you’ll want to make Alfredo sauce more often. The ingredients are simple and nearly always on hand.
Easy Alfredo Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- Cuisine: Sauces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Over medium heat, melt the butter, and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream cheese, and keep stirring until melted.Slowly pour in the cream and milk, and keep whisking.
- Add the Parmesan cheese in small amounts, and keep stirring on medium-low heat until well combined.
- Remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and top with nutmeg, if using.