Get access to a FREE week of menus
What’s better than a bag of baked chips? Good for you and your wallet baked apple chips!
We hear it all the time, shop IN SEASON. Besides the fact that produce is just more delicious in season, it’s also cheaper! Just this weekend I found 3 lb. bags of apples selling for $.99. It won’t get cheaper than that. So I took advantage and bought apples. Lots of them. Now what?
The trick is trying to come up with creative, quick recipes to use up all that great produce. Here at MOMables we pride ourselves in producing recipes and tips that anyone can do. No master chef experience needed! Join us and you can get a weekly meal plan with a shopping list and step by step instructions, and even pictures!
My daughter came home with a bag full of apples from her preschool apple-picking trip. The pride in her eyes when she brought home those apples was priceless. I knew I had to make something simple that she could help me with and easy to pack in her lunch. I thought, I’ll make chips! These will be crunchy, healthy and delicious!
These baked apple chips only need three ingredients and a hot oven! Super easy, and a great addition to any MOMables lunch!
Easy Baked Apple Chips
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 apples
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Bring apple juice and cinnamon stick to low boil.
- Core apple and slice as thinly as possible into rings.
- Drop into boiling apple juice and let it cook for about 5 minutes or until wilted and translucent.
- Dry on paper towels.
- Place on cooling rack and bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until crisp and lightly golden brown.
- Check on them halfway through and turn over for even baking.