- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons oil (your choice)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2-15 ounce cans of Pinto beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 bag of corn
- 1-28 ounce can of crushed, fire-roasted tomatoes
- Toppings: avocado, shredded cheddar, green onions, fresh pico de gallo.
- [url href=”https://freshrealm.co/momables?tap_a=5399-161211&tap_s=10564-13e5ed”][/url]
- In a large 5 quart pot, over medium-high heat, heat up oil.
- Add chopped onion and garlic; sauté until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and paprika and stir.
- Next, add in broth, pinto beans, corn, and crushed tomatoes.
- Bring soup to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 20 minutes, stirring a few times to combine.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with your favorite toppings.
- Store any remaining soup in an airtight container and refrigerate.