Need a milder salsa recipe everyone will love?
Need gluten-free party food ideas for gatherings? All your guests will love this Fresh Italian Salsa and Baked Gluten-Free Brown Rice Chips recipe! Fresh is best.
For years, I’ve been watching my father make his own salsa. Different varieties, flavors, and thickness. His fresh Italian salsa is one of his personal favorites, as is my own.
Dip chips in it, spread it over pizza, or add it to marinara sauce; it’s versatile, fresh, and delicious.
Fresh Italian Salsa and Baked Gluten-Free Chips
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced (The size of the veggies will depend on how thick you like your salsa.)
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper, diced (choice of color–I like to mix yellow and green for an extra pop!)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped into small pieces
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Gluten-Free Brown Rice Tortillas
- Sea salt
- Italian herb seasoning
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion. Add the oregano, garlic, parsley, and basil leaves, and mix again.
- Drizzle the oil over the salsa, and lightly toss.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a pizza slicer, cut the tortillas into chip-size pieces. (A good size is a 3×4 pattern = 12 chips/tortilla.)
- Place the chips evenly on the baking sheet. (You may need to bake them in two batches.)
- Lightly coat the tortilla pieces with cooking spray, then liberally sprinkle each with the salt and Italian herb seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until crispy. Be careful not to over-bake!