These Frozen Yogurt Shapes are the perfect snack for a hot summer day, or a creative way to carry them inside the lunchbox! Regardless, you’ll want to keep them stocked up in your freezer!
We love to fill our freezer with healthy and easy snacks, especially in the summer when something cold is so refreshing. What my daughter and I love to make most is frozen yogurt shapes.
I first came across this idea from one of our own MOMables contributors, Keeley. It is such a brilliant idea and I make them all the time now! Using some silicone ice cube trays found in dollar stores you can make a fun and creative snack for your kids in minutes!
Freezing yogurt and fruit into a fun shapes somehow makes it extra special to kids. The best part is that they are so easy to make, you can have your kids help you make them! My daughter likes to choose which silicone tray we use, or which fruits we use.
I usually will make a batch of frozen yogurt shapes when I find some extra ripe fruit in the back of the fridge. Before the fruit goes bad I either freeze it whole, or blend it with yogurt and make some yogurt shapes.
These frozen yogurt shapes can also be easily made into Frozen Yogurt Pops with the right mold and popsicle sticks!
My daughter loves to take frozen yogurt shapes out of the freezer and just pop them into her mouth. Sometimes she puts a few of them in a bowl and enjoys “mushing” them together and eating them as if it was ice cream. So according to her frozen yogurt shapes are just as good as ice cream! Now this is one snack I don’t mind if she wants seconds.. or thirds ;)
You could also put frozen yogurt shapes into a lunch too, but it is important keep in mind that the shapes will melt.
- 1 cup mixed berries (for ours we used strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- Silicone ice cube tray(s) of choice
- Place mixed berries in small blender.
- Blend berries until fully chopped.
- Add vanilla yogurt to blender.
- Blend mixed berries and yogurt until fully blended.
- Pour mixture into desired silicone ice cube tray(s).
- Place ice cube tray(s) into freezer.
- Remove frozen yogurt from silicone tray when fully frozen (after a couple of hours).
- Place frozen yogurt shapes into freezer safe bag or container.
- Frozen Yogurt Shapes can stay in the freezer for up to three months.