I’ve been making Applesauce Bread for years. It’s a favorite of my Little Miss! Whether baked in a bread loaf or in a muffin tin, she loves devouring pieces for breakfast, in her lunchbox, or packed as a snack.
Since she loves the bread so much, I decided to make a gluten free version that she could now enjoy. It turned out scrumptious! She was so happy to not only help make it but enjoy something that’s been a favorite for years and not feel like her new diet has changed a food she loves so much.
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 3/4 t nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free oat flour*
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of applesauce
- 1 t of pure vanilla extract
*Check out this great tip on oat flour!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, first blend together the butter, egg, & sugar. Then add the flour, baking soda, spices, & salt. After it starts to from a crumbly dough, pour in the applesauce and mix together
- Spray bread loaf pan with cooking spray and pour mixture evenly inside (or use muffin tins, if you prefer).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes
- One of my favorite parts is the smell while they’re in the oven… Mmm, makes the whole house smell delish!
- Perfectly moist with just the right amount of spice! Delish.