Gluten- and Nut-Free Applesauce Bread
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large bowl, blend the butter, egg, and sugar. Then add the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. After it starts to form a crumbly dough, pour in the applesauce, and mix together.
- Coat a bread loaf pan with cooking spray, and pour the batter evenly inside (or use muffin tins, if you prefer).
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- One of my favorite parts is the smell while they’re in the oven—mmm, makes the whole house smell delish!
- Perfectly moist with just the right amount of spice! Delish.