Apple Plum Oat Cobbler
- Yield: 8
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 3 plums, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose GF flour
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons room-temperature butter
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the plums, apples, and apple juice. Add the sugar, salt, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, and the flour. Once these are combined, add the oats and the melted butter. Toss to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the brown sugar, and the room-temperature butter, and mix until the butter is broken down into small balls.
- Distribute the butter crumbles over the oat and fruit mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the oats are golden brown and the apples are tender.