These fluffy Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes are perfect topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup! They’re also vegetarian/vegan & easy to make with the kids.
What is your kids’ favorite breakfast? Mine love scones, eggs & toast, and oatmeal, but nothing makes them happier in the mornings than a big stack of fluffy pancakes!
Usually we only get to enjoy pancakes on the weekends because they’re a bit time-consuming, but this recipe for gluten free blueberry pancakes couldn’t be simpler! They require just a handful of simple ingredients you may already have in your kitchen. Plus, they’re gluten-free and vegan/vegetarian, so the whole family can enjoy a stack!
Our favorite pancake toppings are fresh fruit, peanut butter, and (of course!) maple syrup. What does your family like on their pancakes?
I hope you enjoy this breakfast recipe. Let us know if you get to try them!
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sugar or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy substitute)
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Grease a griddle, and preheat over medium heat. (Or you can use a pan on your stovetop.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly pour the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- On your griddle, begin to cook the pancakes, using about ¼ cup of the batter for each one.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle, and serve. Top with blueberries and maple syrup.
If you loved these pancakes, you’ll want to check out these recipes: