Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes
These fluffy Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes are perfect topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup! They’re also vegetarian/vegan & easy to make with the kids.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 10-12 4" pancakes
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sugar or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk (or non-dairy substitute)
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Grease a griddle, and preheat over medium heat. (Or you can use a pan on your stovetop.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce, and milk. Slowly pour the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring continuously. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- On your griddle, begin to cook the pancakes, using about 1/4 cup of the batter for each one.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the griddle, and serve. Top with blueberries and maple syrup.
Not all gluten-free all purpose flours are the same. You may need to add an extra tablespoon or two of flour to get the right texture.