My daughter, Little Miss, has a severe peanut allergy. Making healthy and fun school lunches has always been a priority; so much so, that I started a personal blog to document my journey.
Recently, we began a gluten-free diet, and a month into it, I could already see an amazing difference in her health!
I have always loved making breakfast for my family. This recipe in particular is fabulous, because it’s not only been one of her favorites for quite some time but it’s gluten-free as well. I am beyond thrilled to share this with my MOMables family!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free, multi-purpose flour
- 12 large eggs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices nitrate- and gluten-free ham
- Salt and pepper
- Line the bottom of a baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving at least a 1-inch lip, and lightly grease with oil. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, blend together the cream cheeses and enough milk to make it smooth. Add the flour and the remaining milk, blending once more.
- Slowly beat in the eggs, and mix well.
- Pour onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and top with the cheese, spinach, and ham, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll up, starting with the short side. Then return to the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Place on a serving dish, and slice.
This recipe is my kid version of this recipe. The ingredients have been changed to adjust to my daughter’s preferences.