Need an easy gluten-free chocolate chip cookie your kids will love? This is it!
Our whole-wheat chewy chocolate chip cookies were an instant Internet and Pinterest hit, thank you! Many of you have e-mailed and asked for a gluten-free version of the chewy cookie.
We tested more than a dozen recipes, and I’m happy to share the winner.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe: Land O’Lakes
- Cuisine: Baking
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour blend*
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- 1 12-ounce package (2 cups) gluten-free semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Combine the flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping the bowl often, until well mixed.
- Reduce the speed to low. Beat, gradually adding the flour mixture, until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. (DO NOT OVERBAKE.) Let them stand for 1 to 2 minutes, then remove them from the cookie sheets.
* Gluten-Free Flour Blend: To make this flour blend, combine 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour, and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum. Use the appropriate amount for your recipe, and store the remainder in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Stir before using.