Gluten-Free Flax Pumpkin Pie Cups
- Author: MOMables
- Cuisine: Baking
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon xantham gum (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and lightly coat muffin pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the flax with the water. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the remaining 1/2 cup flax, the flour, xantham gum (if using), baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar.
- Add the pumpkin, honey, yogurt, and applesauce. Mix until a batter forms.
- Add the vanilla. Add the flax and water mixture, which should now have a gel-like consistency, and mix well again.
- Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters full.
- Optional topping: Mix together the orange zest, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over all the cups.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 to 8 minutes, then remove and cool for 10 minutes before enjoying!