Today is your day. The classic Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe just went gluten free.
One of the most challenging parts of changing over to a gluten free diet can be the idea of giving up classic, favorite recipes, like chocolate chip cookies. It can leave you wondering if you’ll ever find a recipe that stands up to those you’ve come to know and love.
Look no further, we’ve got just the recipe for you! This Gluten Free Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe has it all. Slightly crisp outer layer, but soft and chewy inside. Even better, it’s gluten free! They are perfect for a lunch box or after school treat.
As with traditional chocolate chip cookies, these are freezer friendly. After cookies have cooled completely put in a airtight container for the freezer or scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet, freeze and then place in airtight container. Pull out as many as you need to bake for a quick treat!
These cookies would make a great little treat in any lunchbox. If you’re looking for more great recipes to add fun and variety to your family’s meals, check out our MOMables meal plans.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose gluten free flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop using a rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- To freeze: place scoops of cookie dough on top of a parchment lined baking pan. Freeze for 1 hour. Once frozen, transfer to a zip bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tested with: Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour Mix (top choice), King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Mix (top choice), Nanamaste Gluten Free AP Blend, Pamela’s Gluten Free All Purpose Blend, Bob’s Red Mill GF AP Flour (note this yields a grainy texture), Krusteaz Gluten Free Flour mix (this mix will yield cake-like cookies).