If I had known these tortillas were going to be so easy to make… I would’ve done it a long time ago! If you are anything like me then you understand how time consuming the dinner making process can be. The kids are running around “doing their homework” while you try and do laundry, pick up the living room, and complete the rest of your mommy to-do list…so sometimes it is just a huge relief to make something easy!
Finding delicious gluten free tortillas at the store is getting easier than it use to be, but they often come with a hefty price tag. Especially the spinach variety. So when it gets tough to find alternatives at the store, come to MOMables, we have so many great ideas!
I’m fortunate my daughter loves spinach so I have been wanting to try these out for her for some time now. They’re so simple! You just need a few ingredients you probably already have in your fridge and cupboards.
They’re great for lunches too. One of my favorite spinach salads is topped with chicken, fresh strawberries, and a balsamic dressing. So why not put it in a spinach tortilla instead?
It doesn’t take long to become an expert lunch packer…sometimes you just need a little help to get started and point out some of the ways you can make your life easier. This is what MOMables is all about. We’ve put in the ground work for discovering what works and what doesn’t…this way we give you the most efficient ways to make your dinners and ultimately your kid’s lunches for the entire week! This is just scratching the surface of what MOMables can give you! Just click the link here to start getting FREE help!
- 3 cups of packed spinach – cleaned & stems removed
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 cup of all-purpose gluten free flour – I use King Arthur GF Flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- In a large skillet, cook down the spinach and water over medium heat until soft.
- Drain the excess water from the spinach and keep for use in the dough.
- Place spinach in a food processor (or blender) and grind until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, oil, and salt. Mix until crumbly.
- Add the reserved water from cooking the spinach, slowly as needed, until a smooth dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into equal parts then roll into thin circles (dust with flour, as needed). Try to achieve about a 6″ size tortilla.
- Heat in a pan, one at a time, on the stove on medium heat. Toast on each side until it starts to bubble or golden dots appear.
- Serve with your favorite fillings!