Gluten-Free Spinach Tortillas
Recipe yields approximately six 6-inch tortillas
- 3 cups packed spinach, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use King Arthur GF Flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook the spinach and water over medium heat until soft.
- Drain the excess water from the spinach, and set aside for use in the dough.
- Place the spinach in a food processor (or blender) and grind until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, oil, and salt. Mix until crumbly.
- Add the reserved water from cooking the spinach, slowly as needed, until a smooth dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into equal parts, then roll into thin circles (dust with flour, as needed). Try to achieve about a 6-inch tortilla.
- Heat in a pan, one at a time, on the stove on medium heat. Toast on each side until it starts to bubble or golden dots appear.
- Serve with your favorite fillings!
Slightly adapted from: http://hotpotmeal.blogspot.com/2013/04/homemade-spinach-tortillas.html