Need a delicious gluten free and grain free pizza option?
Cauliflower pizza crusts are the perfect way to get your kids to eat an extra serving of veggies or to make one of their favorites grain free.
My daughter loves our Cauliflower Crust Lunchbox Pizza recipe. It’s one of her favorite things to find in her lunch and for me, it’s a perfect and delicious way to sneak in veggies for my entire family!
Eat them for dinner, pack them for lunch, or enjoy as an after school snack.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cleaned & chopped into florets
- 1 large beaten egg
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt with parsley
- 2 teaspoon of Zatarain's Big & Zesty Garlic & Herb seasoning
- ¾ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 Tablespoons of pizza sauce
- ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional pepperoni, sausage, peppers, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process to a "flour-like" texture.
- Place in a large microwavable bowl and microwave for on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Add beaten egg, seasonings, and shredded cheese to cauliflower. Mix well until it resembles a batter like mixture.
- This recipe should yield five pizzas. Divide batter into five equal parts.
- On parchment lined baking sheet, form mixture into pizza crusts (in this case heart shapes). --at this step, you can continue or freeze formed pizza crusts for later--
- Lightly spray each crust with cooking spray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings of choice.
- Return to the oven and broil until cheese is melted.