Need a delicious gluten- and grain-free pizza option?
Cauliflower pizza crusts are the perfect way to get your kids to eat an extra serving of veggies or to make one of their favorites grain-free.
My daughter loves our Cauliflower Crust Lunch Box Pizza recipe. It’s one of her favorite things to find in her lunch, and for me, it’s a perfect and delicious way to sneak in veggies for my entire family!
Eat them for dinner, pack them for lunch, or enjoy as an after-school snack.
- 1 head cauliflower,
cleaned,and chopped into florets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 2 teaspoons Zatarain's Big & Zesty Garlic & Herb seasoning
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: pepperoni, sausage, peppers, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor, and process to a flour-like texture.
- Place the cauliflower in a large microwavable bowl, and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave. Add the egg, seasonings, and cheese. Mix well, until it resembles a batter-like mixture.
- Divide the batter into five equal parts.
- On the baking sheet, form the mixture into pizza crusts (in this case, heart shapes) (At this step, you can continue or freeze formed pizza crusts for later.)
- Lightly coat each crust with cooking spray, and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the crusts begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven, and top with the sauce, cheese, and toppings of choice.
- Return to the oven, and broil until the cheese is melted.