Grain-Free Lunch Box Wraps
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or other milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (can omit for sweet fillings)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional but adds almost a hint of a cheesy flavor)
- Oil for cooking
- In a large bowl or blender, mix all ingredients (on low speed if using a blender). Let batter sit for 10 minutes -this is crucial for coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and spray or grease with oil of choice (if I use these to stuff with fruit I sometimes use butter).
- Pour a small circle (about 1/4 cup) of the batter onto the heated greased pan and spread the batter by giving the pan a twist of your wrist a couple of times to create a thin layer.
- Once the wrap has cooked for about a minute, it will look a little firmer. It’s time to use a spatula, lift and separate, and flip. Cook the other side for about another 30 seconds, then remove and set aside.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining batter.