What do you do with zucchini? There are so many delicious ideas!
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. It has become a household staple for us since my daughter began eating gluten-free. It’s so versatile and filling!
We love using it to make pasta, zucchini chips, and even pizza bites. That’s why this Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini is so wonderful; it’s like grilled garlic bread, only no bread and so much healthier! Perfect for our gluten-free family.
Don’t you love how versatile some things are? Being able to use the same ingredients in different ways in several meals is part of what MOMables is all about. Come check it out!
If you don’t have a grill, you can also broil these in the oven on low for about eight minutes by placing them on a tray on the middle rack.
This recipe is also great packed up for lunches. Just make sure they’re cooled completely before packing them in your lunch container. Round off the lunch with a hard-boiled egg and fresh fruit for a complete and healthy meal, MOMables style!
Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini
- Yield: 6
- 3 medium zucchinis, washed, ends cut
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high setting (about 375F) and lightly oil the grates, or preheat the oven to 375F, and grease a baking sheet or line it with a silicone mat.
- Slice your zucchinis lengthwise into three flat slices, and place them on the grill or the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, parsley, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Combine until it becomes a spreadable paste.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto all the zucchini slices.
- Cook the zucchini for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the zucchini is soft and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.