Halloween is here! What do you like to put in your kid’s lunch box for Halloween?
Halloween is quickly nearing, and what better way to get in the mood than with a Halloween-themed lunch? Sometimes our kids deserve just a little something extra, and Ghost Strawberries are an easy addition to the lunch box that’ll make your kids feel special.
It is easier than you think to get that Halloween spirit in your kid’s lunch box. Use these spoooooky white-chocolate-covered ghost strawberries that count as a fruit AND dessert! What a perfectly boo-tiful way to finish off lunch! :)
Halloween Ghost Strawberries
- Yield: 10
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- About 10 strawberries, washed and dried*
- Mini chocolate chips for eyes and regular morsels for a mouth
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, set to 50% power, and cook, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and creamy.
- Line a plate or flat surface with waxed paper, and set aside.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate until evenly coated. Carefully place the chocolate chip eyes and mouth. Lay the dipped strawberries on the plate, and place in the fridge until completely hardened.
- Remove the ghosts from the waxed paper and enjoy, or store them in a container for later use.
*To wash and dry the strawberries, try this great technique on How to Keep Berries Fresh Longer