Need a fun and healthy Halloween treat?
With all the sugary treats circulating during this time of year, it’s time to share something fun and healthy that your kids will LOVE!
Using our Toufayan plain wraps, we made these delicious ghost tortilla chips! You can easily enjoy them by themselves, or you can serve them with some dip and fruit.
All you need to do is use a ghost cookie cutter to cut out your chips, and bake them in the oven with a little bit of cinnamon and sugar. The best part about these is that you control the ingredients! There don’t need to be exact measurements—you can decide what is best for your family. When you buy store-bought chips, there is no choice, and many times I have found that those chips can be too sweet. That is why I love making our own chips. Not only can I make them in the “coolest shapes” (according to my daughter), I can also control the amount of sugar that goes in each chip! That’s what makes these the perfect healthy Halloween treat!
You can either use a food-marker or melted chocolate to add a face to your ghosts. I prefer not to put faces on every chip, but my daughter thinks the faces are a lot of fun, so they make a great opportunity for your kids to help you out in the kitchen! Need more ideas to get your kids involved in the kitchen? Or just simply need more ideas to pack in their lunches on a regular basis? MOMables has you covered!
These chips would also make the perfect addition to your kid’s Halloween school lunches!
MOM tip: If you are having trouble cutting through your tortilla because it is too cold or you only have a plastic cookie cutter, stick the tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds for easier cutting.
Halloween Ghost Tortilla Chips
- Toufayan plain wraps tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Ghost cookie cutter
- Food-safe marker or melted chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Using your cookie cutter, cut ghosts out of your tortillas.
- Lightly spray your ghost chips with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle your cinnamon-sugar mixture onto each tortilla.
- Bake for 8 to 15 minutes (time varies based on the oven).
- Let the tortilla chips cool down fully.
- Add ghost faces with a food-safe marker or melted chocolate chips (if desired).
- Serve with dip and fruit, and enjoy!