Enjoy the warm flavors of a classic fall dessert in a healthy Apple Pie Smoothie! It’s packed with fruit and protein to make the perfect breakfast or snack.
Who doesn’t love apple pie?! It’s the ultimate classic dessert that no one can resist. What’s not to love? A flaky, buttery crust packed with creamy apples…topped off with some vanilla ice cream, of course. ;) I’m getting hungry for some pie now!
There’s only a couple times of year we enjoy apple pie with the family, so to indulge the craving in the meantime, we make this apple pie smoothie recipe! It’s got all the apple pie flavors you love without all the extra sugar or butter. Consider it a healthy dessert for breakfast.
The fruit in the smoothie packs antioxidants to start your kids’ days right, and the yogurt has protein to keep them full – plus, it makes the smoothie extra creamy. It truly tastes like the real thing, so you’ll definitely want to try this recipe. There’s nothing to lose!
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 apples, core removed
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt, or non-dairy alternative
- 1 tablespoon flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch each of ground cloves and ground ginger
- In a blender, add all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Top with granola or chopped nuts.