This strawberry cheesecake yogurt parfait recipe is a delicious lunchbox treat or snack kids will love.
It’s strawberry season! I’ll admit, I look forward to strawberry season almost as much as spring. There’s just something about those juicy, sweet, ruby red berries that are a sign that warmer days and sunshine are on the way. However, if you are reading this in the middle of winter, know that you can use frozen strawberries too!
My kids love strawberries too. Many days I catch them eating strawberries plain, straight out of the box, but it’s fun to find new ways to enjoy this naturally sweet fruit too.
Why not add them to yogurt? Fruit and yogurt make a great breakfast, after school snack, or in this case a healthy lunch box dessert.
While there are many great fruit yogurts on the store shelves these days, making your own version could not be easier. The added bonus is that you know there are no artificial flavors or colors added.
Our version of cheesecake is much lower in fat than traditional cheesecakes and the ingredients are all natural. This is one dessert, high protein snack or lunchbox addition you can always feel good about giving to your kids. The protein provided by the greek yogurt and almond butter are an added bonus too.
No strawberries on hand? Blueberries or raspberries fill in easily and are just as delicious!
- 1 6oz cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 graham cracker, crumbled
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, almond butter, maple syrup and strawberries.
- Place inside a chilled thermos container, top with crumbled graham cracker and pack in lunchbox with your child’s favorite sandwich, fruit and veggies.