Everyone’s favorite nacho-cheese chips get an ingredient makeover with this easy Homemade Dorito Recipe!
We see these nacho cheese chips at nearly every party and they’re gone from the table in lightning speed because, well, everyone loves them. What many of us don’t love is the ingredient list -many of which my daughter is allergic to.
Does that mean we don’t eat chips at all? Of course not, we eat other varieties but that doesn’t stop her from asking for these.
More homemade snacks: The Best Homemade Kids’ Snacks on the Planet Cookbook.
Recipes like this one show parents everywhere that real food can be fun, easy to make, and something kids actually want to eat! And when you have picky eaters, trying to eat a less processed food diet can be a challenge.
To make these chips, I prefer to use corn tortillas since they turn into that crunchy, crispy texture of Doritos.
These are great to use for packed lunches or as a party appetizer! They’ll be the first snack to go!
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 15 to 20 mins
- Total Time: 23 - 28 mins
- Yield: 9 chips
- 6 tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tortillas onto the baking sheet and brush oil on both sides. Stack the tortillas and cut 3 ways making 6 triangles.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the Parmesan, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt, stir to combine. Toss the sliced tortillas into the spice mix, making sure each piece gets evenly coated and lay them in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool before serving or packing into lunch containers.
Recipe source: www.snack-girl.com.
- Serving Size: 9 chips
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g