- Author: MOMables
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the sugar into a medium sauce pan.
- Pour in the water and stir to gently combine with the sugar.
- Bring the sugar to a boil, over medium heat.
- After about 10 minutes (give or take a couple) the boiling sugar will turn a dark, amber color.
- Pour in cream. It will bubble like crazy, but keep whisking. You may even feel a lump of caramel form in the middle of the pot. Keep whisking! It will melt and combine with the liquid.
- Take off the heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour into a jar/container and allow to cool. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Once cooled to room temperature, store in refrigerator.