Have you ever wanted to make your own granola? Now you can!
You’ll find this granola in my pantry AT ALL times. It’s fantastic with yogurt or on salads, and the kids love it!
It’s simple and quick to prepare, and this basic recipe can yield lots of creative variations! Sometimes the simplest things can go the longest way!
Whether it is your children giving you a quick hug and kiss, the hubbie cleaning up the kitchen (without your asking), or just a quick and simple snack to keep you or your kids going until dinner time, the simple and easy things in life are the best!
MOMables works to make your life easier by providing you with a weekly meal plan that will keep you organized and the recipe ideas flowing!
I’ve tried many different recipes, and after changing them over time, I ended up with my own written on a post-it!
MOMables Pantry Granola
- Cuisine: Snacks
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup shredded sweet coconut
- ¼ cup flax seed (golden or toasted)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sucanat (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (sometimes I use coconut oil in liquid form)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 250F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats (not waxed paper).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, and flax.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sucanat, maple syrup, oil, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix well until all are evenly coated.
- Pour onto the baking sheets, and cook for 50 minutes, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven, and add the raisins. Allow the granola to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.