Have you ever wanted to make your own granola? Now you can!
You’ll find this granola in my pantry AT ALL times. It’s fantastic with yogurt, on salads, and the kids love it!
It’s simple, quick to prepare, and this basic recipe can yield lots of creative variations! Sometimes the simplest things can go the longest way!
Whether it is your children giving you a quick hug and kiss, the hubbie cleaning up the kitchen (without you asking), or just a quick and simple snack to keep you or your kids going until dinner time…the simple and easy things in life are the best!
MOMables works to make your life easier by providing you with a weekly meal plan that will keep you organized and the recipe ideas flowing!
I’ve tried many different recipes and after changing them over time, I ended up with my own written on a post-it!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup shredded sweet coconut
- ¼ cup flax seed (golden or toasted)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sucanat (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (sometimes I use coconut oil, liquid form)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats (not wax paper).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts/seeds, shredded coconut and flax.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, sucanat (or brown sugar) oil, and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and mix well until all is evenly coated.
- Pour onto lined pans and cook for 50 minutes stirring every 15-20 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.