Ever wonder if you can freeze pancakes and how? Don’t worry: MOMables has you covered.
Need more ideas for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner? From recipes to how-tos, MOMables has it all! Join us!
There is something so wonderful about freshly made pancakes for breakfast. They are just oh-so-good. However, sometimes your mornings are too hectic, you are running late, and you just don’t have the time to make homemade pancakes from scratch. Breakfast turns into whatever can be made the fastest! But here we can show you how to freeze your pancakes, making breakfast simple and therefore making your morning routine go even smoother.
The key to freezing your pancakes is to freeze them separately. By putting them one by one on a baking sheet and placing them into the freezer, they will not stick to each other when you are ready to eat them. We always keep a bag of pancakes in our freezer for those days when no one feels like cooking. :)
The best part about making homemade pancakes is that you can tailor it to your family’s needs and allergies. On the day you are meal planning, or even on a day you are already making pancakes, double or triple your batch, and you can freeze the leftovers. Leftover pancakes make a great breakfast or lunch for another day!
- Make your favorite pancakes and allow them to fully cool.
- Put the pancakes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hour, or until fully frozen.
- Once the pancakes are completely frozen, you can remove them from the baking sheet and place them inside your freezer-safe bag or container.
- Label your bag or container with a permanent marker.
- When you're ready to eat the pancakes, remove the desired number and reheat them in either the microwave, toaster oven, or the oven until warm.