Do you know how to freeze pizza dough?
Friday night has become known as “Pizza Night” at my house. My daughter, who’s a very routine person, gets upset if I ever change it up. She loves her pizza!
That’s why I freeze pizza dough to make sure I always have some on hand for our family or if we have guests. It’s especially important in our house since we’re handling multiple food allergies and dietary restrictions.
For those looking for a delicious pizza dough recipe, MOMables has you covered. Our homemade brick oven recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and guests. I know when I make this for my friends, they’re always asking me for the recipe!
MOMables has tons of recipes and tips that will make your lunch-packing chores so much easier. If you would like some extra help doing this, you can sign up for our weekly meal plan and have recipes, tips, shopping lists, and more sent right to your inbox!
Here’s the trick for making the brick oven dough recipe, or your favorite dough recipe, and freezing it for later use:
- Mix all your ingredients together, as usual.
- After you’ve added the yeast, do NOT let it rise. Instead, shape the mixture into a ball, and cover it lightly with flour.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap. (I like to spray the wrap first with a little cooking spray to help keep the dough from sticking.)
- Place the wrapped dough ball into a labeled freezer bag, and freeze it until ready to use.
When you’re ready to bake that bad boy, here are the next steps:
- The morning of, remove the dough from the freezer, take it out of the bag, and unwrap it.
- Place the dough in a large bowl in a warm place. Cover, and let it rise for the next 7 to 8 hours.
- After it has finished rising, prepare the recipe as you normally would.
Not into tackling homemade dough? Try out DIY Frozen Pizza recipe instead.