Do you know how to make cauliflower rice? If you don’t, don’t worry. You are going to see how easy it is to make!
I know, I couldn’t believe it either. How could making “rice” out of a vegetable be so easy? All you have to do is place washed cauliflower florets from a head of cauliflower into your food processor. Pulse, and pulse, and a few more pulses.
Okay, so you have the riced cauliflower—now what? You’ve got to cook it. You can steam riced cauliflower on the stovetop or covered in the microwave. When you use cauliflower rice, you don’t need to wait 20 minutes for it to cook! Here is how you do it:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons oil (if cooking in a pan)
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves. If you find any little black spots, remove them with a paring knife.
- Cut the cauliflower in half (vertically) and then cut out the middle core. Discard the core.
- Cut the florets into 1-inch pieces, and place them
insidethe food processor.
- Pulse (do not turn it on and let it go) a few times until it begins to break down. Continue pulsing until you have a rice-like consistency throughout.
- Add the oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and your choice of seasonings, and sauté until it's cooked and has softened.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe (glass or porcelain) baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap (or if yours has a lid, use that), and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, carefully lift the lid or plastic wrap, and stir with a fork. Cover and microwave for an additional minute. Test for tenderness, and season to taste.