- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1½-2 cups shredded cheese (mix of Italian and mozzarella)
- Preheat the oven to 375F, and spray or oil a 12-cup cupcake pan.
- In a large pan, cook the beef. Once the beef is cooked, add the mushrooms and zucchini, and cook until they have softened. Add the pasta sauce, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, in a large bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, basil, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Gently place one wonton wrapper into each cupcake cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture into each wonton wrapper, then spoon 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture on top of the ricotta cheese mixture, and sprinkle shredded cheese over each cup.
- Create a second layer of “pasta” by placing a second wonton wrapper over the shredded cheese. Repeat topping with the ricotta mixture, meat mixture, and shredded cheese.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on the edges. Remove them from the oven, and allow them to cool slightly before removing them from the pan. Serve immediately.