Do you find yourself with tons of leftover ham, but no idea what to do with it?
Just because the kids are on winter break doesn’t mean that healthy meals need to stop! Whether you’re making lunches at home, packing them for work, or looking for clever ideas for dinner, MOMables has you covered.
Each Christmas, our family tradition calls for delicious food, including a holiday ham. Inevitably, there are tons of leftovers that we get to enjoy for days after Christmas. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut with leftovers, however. Let’s kick up the creativity of how to use it with these simple ideas:
- The MOMables Grilled Frenchman Sandwich: Ham, cheese, and a bit of mayo grilled and enjoyed for lunch at home or work.
- Ham & Pineapple Pizza: Top your favorite pizza crust with leftover ham bits and pineapple for a great twist on a family favorite.
- Zesty Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta: This delish recipe via Supergluemom is sure to be a hit at the dinner table!
- Ham & Apricot Sandwich: Trust me, it’s amazing! Spread some apricot preserves on a slice of bread with ham to add a flavorful flair to an otherwise boring sammie.
- Breakfast Pizzas: These simple pizzas are great for the kids and can be filled with your family favorites, including leftover ham chunks for a filling and fun breakfast.
- Mac and Cheese: Kick up that bowl of Easy Mac and Cheese by adding bite-size ham pieces and peas or broccoli to it.
- Ham & Cheese Rollups: Use your favorite croissant recipe or store-bought brand, filled with ham and cheese, then baked until the cheese is melted. Great for appetizers, lunch, or snacking.
- Breakfast Spirals and Egg Muffins: Not only are these naturally gluten-free, but they can be filled with your preference of foods including ham, cheese, spinach, peppers, onion, etc.
- Pasta Salad: Another great option is to make a yummy cold pasta salad with ham, broccoli, cheese, and tomato. Another yummy dish perfect for eating at home or packing for lunches.
Leftovers shouldn’t be boring or the same each night. Who wants that!? Get creative, and get cookin’! Don’t waste that yummy ham—enjoy it!