Lunch Box Quinoa Salad with Veggies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 Lunchbox servings
- Cuisine: Lunch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup minced carrots
- 1/4 cup green peas
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa: bring water to a boil, pour quinoa. Reduce heat to a low/simmer until water has been absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Pour cooked quinoa into a mixing bowl, and chill in refrigerator until cold (about 30 minutes).
- Remove quinoa from fridge and stir in the red bell pepper, red onion, curry powder, cilantro, lime juice, carrots, and peas. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.